School to Career Pipeline
In our school-to-career pipeline from 4th to 8th grade we will mentor and expose our youth to discover who they are, to learn their likes and dislikes, and to the endless possibilities of who they can become. From 9th to 12th grade, we will help our youth get working experience from jobs and internships in the fields that interest them. This experience will allow our youth to hone their skills and prepare for their next steps after high school. We want to create a network with local business owners and employers to make this happen.
IF YOU CAN SEE IT, YOU CAN BE IT! We don’t seek to tell young men about who they can be, we show them knowing the motivation, insight, and self-discovery that takes place in a new environment cannot be replicated.
We want to show them the endless possibilities of who they can become. Most Black boys start out believing they are the “chosen one,” that they can do the impossible. They dream of making it to the NFL or the NBA.
But they need the space to see other, diverse possibilities for themselves. Black boys shouldn’t have to feel that being good at sports is the only way to be cool or to be valued by the world. We aim to give our youth something positive to look forward to. Exposure Trips grant them the opportunity to be introduced to people, places, and things that they would not normally have access to. Helping our youth explore interest and find hope in their future.
- Self-Discovery: Process of gaining knowledge or understanding of your abilities, character, and feelings.
- Exposure: Introduction to people, places, things that you wouldn’t normally have access to.
- Empowerment: Enabling one to have power and control over their life.
- Personal Development: Improve awareness and identity, develop capabilities and potential.
- Professional Development: Learning and applying new knowledge and skills that can help to further career.
BENEFITS FOR THE CHILD
We seek to help:
- Increase motivation for achievement at school, home, and extracurricular activities.
- Develop a greater sense of self-worth, purpose, and assert authority over their own lives.
- New perspective and insight on life.
- Develop and maintain a broader perspective on career options and opportunities.
- Enhance decision-making and critical thinking skills.
- Reduce risk of depression, anxiety, uncontrolled anger, and apathy.
- Help build stronger relationships with parents and peers.
BENEFITS FOR THE COMMUNITY
We seek to help:
- Reduce dropout rates.
- Create strong connections and healthy relationships between youth and adults.
- Educate and train future leaders.
- Crime prevention.
- Create a school-to-career pipeline.